Thursday, May 15, 2014

Yesterday was Bethie's first major temper tantrum. She wanted another popsicle. I told her no. She screamed YES. I said no. She threw the popsicle down on the floor. I told her to pick it up. She screamed NOOOOOOOOO and slammed the door in my face.

Eva watched all this, wide eyed. Then she turned to me and said, "Who does she think she is?!?!?!"

I said, um, it's bedtime, little girl. It was about 5pm. I literally had to almost sit on her to get her clothes off and get her pajamas on. Then I kissed her, told her I loved her, and put her to bed. She tried to run out of the room several times and we had to fetch her. She screamed about 20 minutes and fell asleep.

Afterwards, Eva was going on and on about how unbelievable that was.

"Eva. You know when I told you you were hard? That was you. THAT WAS YOU."

"Every day??" she asked.

I nodded. "Just about. Every. Day."

Her eyes were as big as saucers. "Wow."

Wow indeed.




No comments:

Post a Comment